If you live anywhere with indoor plumbing, the chances are that you’ve experienced a clogged drain, a leaky faucet, a burst pipe, a wobbly toilet, or a sewer stink emanating from water sources in your home at least once in your lifetime. You pull out the wrench or screwdriver and try to fix the problem yourself, but it’s bigger than you and the DIY app on your phone. Calculating how much a plumber’s repair bill will cost can be frightening--labor, permits, parts, service and diagnostic fees, haul-away charges all add up. To help you get an idea of costs, here’s a list of what you can expect before making the call.
Approximate Charges For Lexington, Kentucky:
- Sewer Line Installation and Repair: $52.90 - $67.74
- Residential Plumbing Contractors: $63.80 - $72.38
- Commercial Plumbing Contractors: $85.38 - $91.87
- Clearing Drain Clog or Blockage: $108.58 - $132.94
- Toilet Installation or Replacement: $133.86 - $143.84
- Sewer Line Cleaning: $151.26 - $231.07
- Drain Line Video Inspection: $225.50 - $257.98
- Septic Tank Cleaning or Pumping: $237.58 - $279.34
- Water Heater Installation: $424.00 - $1414.00
- Sump Pump Installation: $742.40 - $1,067.20
- Water Softener Installation: $900.17 - $1,207.69
- Bathtub Installation: $1,669.47 - $2,041.60
- Plumbing for Remodel or Home Addition: $3,804.80 - $4,918.40
- Septic System Installation: $6,413.41 - $7,619.81
These basic labor costs don’t include the cost of parts and supplies. In some cases, you can purchase your own faucets, showerheads, sinks, bathtubs, and water heaters ahead of time, making sure they fit your space. Another part of your plumbing to be aware of is age and type. If you have galvanized or copper pipes, it could add to the overall cost of the repair. If you have lead pipes, a plumber may strongly recommend a complete replacement of them due to the lead pipe ban issued in 1986 and updated in 2020 by the Environmental Protection Agency.
You may be a whiz at tightening leaky faucets and other basic DIY repairs, but if the time comes and you have to call a plumber, have these prices in mind and ask pointed questions before they visit. Remember, forewarned is forearmed.
Ready to make the call? Call Turbo Plumbing Pros TODAY: 859-278-0063